You may have found your way here because you’re looking for a top level hosting provider to host your business website. We will take a closer look at SoftLayer hosting today, and tell you why we feel this hosting service is definitely worthy of your time and attention.
What Is SoftLayer Website Hosting?
This hosting service provider was originally founded back in 2005. After spending eight years in the industry proving their worth, they were then acquired by IBM in 2013.
Why was this company so valuable to IBM that they decided to purchase it?
Simply put, this company offers cloud hosting scaled at the enterprise-level and they have data centers located in many cities all around the United States and the rest of the world. Their main headquarters is located in Dallas, Texas, but they also have data centers and San Jose, Houston, Washington DC, Seattle, Amsterdam, Singapore and many other strategic locations.
Who Is the Ideal Candidate for SoftLayer Hosting?
This hosting company’s target audience is not your average and everyday blogger. In fact, if you own a simple blog that doesn’t get too much traffic in the grand scheme of things, then this hosting provider really isn’t going to be the right solution for you.
Mainly, SoftLayer looks to acquire customers that run large businesses or numerous websites online. If you’re looking for a budget plan, you should look elsewhere. At the same time, if you are looking for a serious hosting provider that offers a wide range of experience, customer support, infrastructure, and service, then SoftLayer is definitely going to be right up your alley.
SoftLayer Virtual Servers
SoftLayer offers a wide variety of prices for their virtual servers. Price variations will fluctuate depending upon the RAM, cores, and the specific storage that you select. As far as billing is concerned, you can pay hourly or monthly. It’s up to you.
SoftLayer Features Overview
When you become their customer, you have the opportunity to take advantage of the following features:
- 100% uptime – this company guarantees that you will experience 100% network uptime. This is one of the most reliable and trustworthy guarantees being provided by any hosting company doing business today.
- Diverse server locations – their servers are located in 17 geographically diverse locations. This means you’ll have fast web hosting opportunities in just about every up-and-coming location on the planet today.
- Full-service control – you have full control of the services offered through the customer portal and the customer API, which stands for application programming interface.
SoftLayer Hosting Plan Pricing
They currently offer three levels of hosting plans to their customers. The specs and pricing structure includes:
- Single processor hosting – with this plan, you have access to 500 GB of bandwidth and 500 GB of storage and a single processor. The price for this plan is $158 per month.
- Dual processor hosting – this plan provides the user with dual processors as well as 500 GB of storage space and 500 GB of bandwidth. The plan costs $351 a month.
- Quad processor hosting – with the quad plan you have access to four processors, 500 GB of storage, 500 GB of bandwidth, and it costs $1439 per month.
Learn more about SoftLayer by visiting their website right now.